Thursday, December 16, 2010

Awaiting New Year - 2011

I'm already stressed out this year. Already awaiting new year and started to count down. For all who are already exhausted like me, I created a file that counts down days, hours minutes and seconds to step into new year.

Just a preview of the file I created.


What are you waiting for? Go ahead click here and download the New Year Count Down file. I created this in Excel 2007. So, you can open thisin Excel 2007 and above. But if you are in Excel 2003 and you have a translator you can still use this.

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year in well advance.









Few techniques I used to create new year count down file are:


1. Downloaded a greeting card from the web and crop it to my requirements and made a Jpeg file.

2. I then went to use that Jpeg as background of my excel file. For those who doesn't know how to get colorful touch to your personal excel files here is the tip. 
In Excel 2007, Click Page Layout on the toolbar. Click on Background. Browse and select the photo or wallpaper and insert to your file as background. One limitation to this is we will not be able to print the background.

3. I then sat to write little VBA code to calculate time from now to Start of new year. I did not locked the code or worksheet.So, feel free to check out the code I wrote.

By the way, do not forget to press Ctrl+F4 to close the workbook.

Hope you like it and most importantly await new year. Have another tip do this stuff? Also, do not forget to leave your comments on this post. I learn a lot from you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment