Monday, October 25, 2010

Go To Special series. Select Objects

Go To Special series. Select Objects

Click here to read to navigate to go to special.

In my current job, I work a lot on SAP BW. When I export a BW report to Excel, I find quite a lot of objects. Annoyingly enough, Excel processing slows down (Almost dead!) because of these numerous objects in the file. So, first thing I do after I export a report to excel from BW is select all the objects in the file and delete.

What are Objects in Excel?
Below picture I made to define objects in Excel.
























Keyboard Shortcut: Press F5, then Alt+S+B

Usefulness: I select objects for two reasons.
1.       1. Group objects.
2.       2. Quite often (Almost 10 times a day!! May be more than that!!!) I delete objects from my file.

Share your experience:
Do you use this option more often? Share your experiences, how do you deal with this type of data. Have another tip do this stuff? Also, do not forget to leave your comments on this post. I learn a lot from you all. I’ll be posting soon, sixth post of this series “Go to Special – Row and Column Differences”.

Related Links to this Series:


Go To Special Series. Select Comments
Go To Special Series. Select Constants and Formulas
Go To Special Series. Select Blanks
Go To Special Series. Select Current Region and Current Array

Hope you are enjoying this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment